Tuesday, August 28, 2007

delinquent me

Juggling work and school and of course, my responsibilities at home, has left me in a sorry, disoriented state as of the moment. good thing rachele (my girlfriend of 30 months and a half who works in Manila) came home to Bacolod for the long weekend. Her presence lightened me up. But work and school remained demanding. I survived the long weekend but not without getting unsatisfactory grades in Journ 216 Writing for Broadcast and missing an important assignment in Journ 259 Theories in Journalism. The recent events have also denied me time to blog. Again, I am a delinquent blogger, which was my official status during the summer.


Rachele and me with the nasty zit

My recent failures have again thrown me into the depths of self doubt. I overcome this feeling when I churn in what I felt was a good, well-written story on my page. I'm bracing myself for the worst this week with three other long stories due to another publication where I contribute. I know I'll pull through and when I do, I'll have to buy something that I deserve. For now, though, I don't deserve anything. Not even a pat in the back or a dime.

On a positive note, Im taking this opportunity to congratulate a few close friends who are now registered nurses after passing the June board exams. Kudos to Camille and Lime.


nurse Camille

No comments: